Z’s in the Blue Zone of Downtown Fort Worth
The Z’s family is so excited to join the list of downtown Fort Worth restaurants to be Blue Zone approved! But what does that really mean about our cafe and catering?
The Blue Zones Project is an effort to make the Fort Worth community a healthier, happier place to live, work, and play. Providing healthy food options has always been important to Z’s, but now we’ve taken those goals even further. Some things we’ve done to be Blue Zone Certified include:
- Taking Salt Shakers off the table (and giving them out by request instead)
- Putting up signage that encourages people to take to-go boxes (eat until you’re 80% full)
- Putting up signage encouraging people to drink water
- Creating a kids menu
- Creating low-calorie options
- Offering free substitutions from sandwiches to multi grain wraps
- Hosting Blue Zone committee meetings
- Creating Blue Zone-friendly catering options
Apparently people live longer with lower rates of chronic disease and higher quality of life in communities where the following is true: high vegetable consumption, physical and social activity, strong family ties and friendships, a strong sense of purpose and connection to faith-based groups.
Since these are values that the Z’s Cafe family already embraces, we are thrilled to make any changes that will help make it easier for folks eating in downtown Fort Worth to make healthy meal plans.
Check out our Blue Zone friendly catering options here.
Z’s Café & Catering features:
- A full-service cafe located in the Fort Worth Hospital District
- Full catering menu for any size party or business function, breakfast, lunch or dinner
- Freshly packaged, portion-controlled, heart healthy meals(contact us for details)
- 4-star wedding catering options for 2-star budgets
- Wedding Checklist for couples on a budget
- Cooking Classes for groups of 12 or more
- Commercial Kitchen Rental as a culinary incubator and resource for small businesses
For more information, contact co-owner Carlo Capua at email@example.com or (214) 908-5452 (cell.)